Thursday, July 14, 2011

back from Japan

I am back from Japan. First off I want to thank everyone for their support, financial, encouragement, and physical support! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This trip was a doosie, both good and tiresome. Nothing was as it was told, but that made it very much full of surprise, which is fun when you are not pooped.

I did have internet, but I never had the time to use it. We were busy from 5:30am till 11:30pm everyday and man did I sleep well when I came home!

We went to help with the tsunami relief. It was hard labor but fun. My half of the team mainly tore out damaged parts of the houses that were left and safe, leaving only the skeleton so that the families could rebuild them. the other team ended up "mudding out". The tsunami dragged in a couple feet deep of "mud" made up of sand, mud, household items, fish, sewage, anything and everything that the water picked up and dropped, inside of houses, outside of them and everywhere. And MAN did that stuff stink! I am glad that I was on sweeping duty, both vacuum and broom.

My team worked with Samaratin's Purse in Kesennuma, our base being a small ball field in Sumita. I think I spelled those right... ^_^ they are about 8 hrs away from Yokohama, to the north, and Yokohama is about 2 hrs away from Tokyo.

I will be posting my photos to my flicker account but here are some in the meantime!



No comments:

Post a Comment